Independent Living Skills
Staff Requirements and Demands
Independent Living Skills Specialist
- Meet DHS qualifications for Independent Living Skills Specialist
- 2 years of experience working with people with disabilities preferred
- 4-year degree in a social services discipline preferred
All staff must meet the following criteria:
- Have the ability to work with individuals with disabilities and chronic illnesses.
- Assist clients with identifying and implementing skills needed to promote independence.
- Participate in five hours of training in disability and service-related topics annually.
- Able to pass a Minnesota Department of Human Services Background Study
- Valid Driver’s License with less than 3 moving violations in the last 3 years, this includes DUIs
- Maintain reliable vehicle
- Maintain valid car insurance
- Maintain a computer with internet and email
- Maintain a cell phone